Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well and following all the exercise tips from my previous blog to keep up the good mood and energy while staying fit working from home!
We all know that working from home is no more as enthusiastic as it used to be earlier but exercising for few minutes by taking quick work breaks help increase focus and efficiency when we get back to work again. Remember, increased efficiency will help complete work faster and you will have more time to enjoy with your family or it will help you find a creative way to manage both.. work and family fun time.
So, here we go-
- Relaxation: While taking break from work, sit relaxed on your chair. Take your eyes off that screen and close. Get settled and begin observing your breathing pattern. Just observe it without any thought.. and relax your body and mind!
- Foot tapping: While sitting straight on your chair with your feet flat on the floor, tap feet alternately but gently (do not bang it) on the floor. The control in feet movement and rhythm is very important to follow. Increase the speed of tapping as tolerated. Perform it for 30 seconds. This exercise will help increase your focus.
- Heel raises: While standing straight behind your chair, raise your both heels off the floor and back to the floor. You may take support of the chair. Repeat 10 times.
- Chair squats: Sit towards the edge of your chair with your back straight. You may clasp your hands in front, lean forward a little while not slouching your back and try lifting your buttocks off the chair about an inch. Hold this position for 3-5 seconds and sit back slowly. Repeat 10 times. Make sure you don’t hold your breath during this exercise.
- Single leg standing: Stand behind your chair. Lift one foot off the floor by bending at knee and try to maintain balance on other foot for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each foot.
- Chest opener: Sit straight on a chair. Place hands behind your head with elbows bent. Pull the elbows out to the side while taking a deep breath in, squeezing shoulder blades, holding your head high and straightening the slouched back. Feel a good stretch to the muscles of the front of your shoulders and chest. Breathe out and bring the elbows in and chin down. Repeat it 10 times.
Note: Listen to your body and go gently or skip any part of exercise series if it is hurting. Mild discomfort and stretch may be expected during these exercises but will make you feel better in some time.
Hope these exercises help you stay fit while working from home. Share it with your loved ones to help them as well.